www.carolynegerszegi.com

August 8, 2010

bailey + andrew | married


It's been an incredibly busy fall for me so I have put my blog on the back-burner for a while until I get all of my photos edited and delivered to all of my wonderful clients. But, I've certainly waited too long to update this post with all of the details (scroll down to the bottom) and a comment or two about Bailey and Andy's fun and fabulous wedding day.
There are many things I remember about photographing this day... Bailey's effervescent personality, Andy's can't-wipe-the-smile-of-his face attitude, a wedding party full of all kinds of awesomesauce and, of course, the heat. It was a hot one... like seven inches from the midday sun. Hot.
But the heat didn't deter everybody from rocking out the photos and bringing all the love and emotion at just the right moments throughout the day.

A few highlights from the day:
1. The bride. Who outdid herself on the wedding details and looked gorgeous too. Bailey can plan a wedding like nobody's business. A girl after my own heart, Bailey proved that love truly is in the details. I adored all of the fresh and simple touches that Bailey incorporated throughout the day which made Bailey and Andy's wedding unique. And did I mention that Bailey looked gorgeous? Yes. She looked gorgeous. (And I have proof. See photo evidence above and below.)
2. The groom. Who was incredibly happy all day. Every time I turned around Andy was laughing or smiling or gazing adoringly at his bride. And he looked pretty handsome too. Bailey sure said "I Do" to the right guy!
3. Gastown. Vancouver is such an incredibly gorgeous city with a million different locations to choose from as a backdrop for photography, but Gastown is certainly one of the best. I just love the cobblestone streets, the old gas lamps and the stone buildings. And who doesn't love a stinky alleyway for a few photos too?? Okay, I could have done without the stinky alleyway, but luckily my photography doesn't come with smell-o-vision, so who cares as long as it looks great!?
4. Videography. I've never worked with a videography team before, but I have to say it was a wonderful addition to the day. I really loved the creativity and energy that Randy and AJ brought to the everything we did.
5. Sean Norman. Who is an awesome photographer and a great guy. I'm always so glad when I have Sean to support my photography throughout the day with his creative eye and relaxed energy. Thanks again Sean!
(Note - photos by the amazing Sean Norman where watermarked on the images below. To see more of Sean's photos from Bailey & Andrew's wedding, visit his blog HERE.)
I'll stop here because there were so many more wonderful highlights throughout the day that I could go on forever... the up-for-anything wedding party, the emotional "first look" photos, the beautiful church, Bailey's gorgeous purple shoes, the hilarious shoe game and the yummy candy bar (my daughter especially loved the bag of treats I brought home for her)!
Let's just move on to the photos, shall we?
Enjoy Bailey & Andy's beautiful wedding day...

This was my first time working alongside a videography team. Randy Yuen and his second shooter AJ did an amazing job documenting the whole day. Check out Randy hard at work here and stay tuned in my next post for the embed of their video highlights.

Congratulations Bailey and Andrew!
If you love the spontaneous photographs you've seen here, then please connect with me today to learn more about my wedding photography services. Click HERE to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

The details:

Wedding Planner Extraordinaire - Bailey, the Bride, of Bailey's Brides
Bride's Dress - The Bridal Gallery (Maggie Sottero - Melissa Brooch)
Bride's Hair - Groom's Cousin
Bride's Makeup - Bride's Sister
Bride's Shoes - Le Château
Bride's Veil & Jewellery - eBay
Bride's Rings - Verragio Diamonds, Siba Jewellers & Ming Diamonds
Bridesmaid's Dresses - Bryans
Groom's Ring - eBay
Groom's Attire - Debonair Formal
Bride's Bouquet & Flowers - Sandy's Wedding Services and Rentals
Parasols - Bride's from a store in Gastown, Bridesmaid's from Craigslist
Stationery - Michaels
Ceremony Venue - Chapel of the Epiphany, UBC
Wedding Cake & Cupcakes - Anna Elizabeth Cakes

1 comment:

  1. I miss my wedding! Thank you so much for all these lovely pictures Carolyn. I sneek peeks of them while I am at work :)

    ReplyDelete

imagine whirled peas.