January 1, 2011
sarah + volker | married
You cannot imagine how thrilled I am to finally post Sarah and Volker's glorious wedding day! I'm delighted to share these images because Sarah and Volker were both incredibly romantic and hopelessly in love, which made photographing their wedding day a great joy and honor for me.
A few highlights from the day:
1. Love. I normally always put the bride as my number one highlight from the day - because the bride usually takes centre stage and wows me on a wedding day - but in the case of Sarah and Volker's wedding day, love took centre stage. Sarah and Volker were so in love on their wedding day that it was definitely the highlight for me. They would not stop smooching and making eyes at each other, even when I was trying to take some serious, less kissy-kissy photos. Although I'm not complaining... what a treat to spend the day with a couple so in love!
2. The bride. Who looked amazing and was only upstaged on her wedding day by the love between her and her groom. Sarah looked absolutely gorgeous and took everyone's breath away - especially Volker's. They elected to do "first look" photos before the ceremony and Volker was stunned by Sarah's beauty. He literally could not take his eyes off her. It was incredibly endearing and a pleasure to capture in photos.
3. The groom. Who looked dashing and stayed mesmerized by Sarah all day. I love weddings where the love between the bride and groom radiates throughout the day because it makes my work so incredibly easy. Volker could not have radiated more love towards Sarah if he had tried. I also love a guy who can pull off a purple tie with such panache!
4. The first look photos. Which is such a terrific way to keep the timeline of the day flowing nicely. Many couples prefer the big reveal during the wedding ceremony - which is understandably wonderful and romantic - but I personally love it when a bride and groom choose to see each other for photos before the ceremony. Not only is it very personal and intimate, but it frees the day up to spend as much time as they want for photos and allows the bride and groom to move straight from the ceremony to the reception without stopping for photos in between. I especially loved Sarah and Volker's first look photos, which took place next to The Westin Bayshore Hotel where they got ready. There was this wonderful grassy area near the seawall which was perfect for the big reveal and Volker's reaction to Sarah did not disappoint.
5. The Teahouse in Stanley Park. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love the Teahouse in Stanley Park as a wedding venue. It's intimate, picturesque and the food is always wonderful. If you're getting married at the Teahouse, give me a call because I'd love to be your photographer!
6. Sean Norman. While I'm repeating myself, I'll praise Sean Norman again. I'm always so lucky to have him work alongside me on a wedding day. I think you'll understand why when you see his images below... or check out his post from Sarah and Volker's wedding day HERE.
7. The sightseeing tour bus driver. Who stopped his big red bus next to us as we were taking photos and insisted that Sarah and Volker hop on board for a few photos. I love a fun, spontaneous moment like that on a wedding day. Everybody was laughing... especially the tourists who started to cheer and snap photos of the bride and groom. My personal favourite laugh-out-loud moment from the day was when one tourist in particular horned in on Sarah and Volker's embrace and insisted on being part of their photos. Hilarious!
8. The wine bottles. Sarah and Volker's guests each brought a bottle of their favourite wine for the bride and groom to start their wine cellar with. I absolutely love this as a gift idea for a couple who love wine. Each guest received a customized label to write a special message to the bride and groom, which they affixed to the bottle of their choice. All of the bottles were then presented to the happy couple at their reception. I'm sure Sarah and Volker will think of each of their guests and their wonderful wedding day every time they enjoy another bottle of their wedding gift wine for years to come.
I could write all day, but should probably move on to the photos... enjoy!
I love this next shot by Sean Norman...
I love this one by Sean too...
I love these next shots. I was laughing as I took them... especially when the tourist (bottom left) decided to horn in on Sarah and Volker's photo!
I love this idea as a wedding gift... wine with a special note to the bride and groom...
If you love the spontaneous photographs you've seen here, then please connect with me today to learn more about my wedding photography services. Click HERE to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.
Bride's Dress - I Do Bridal, Seattle, Washington
Bride's Hair Flower - Etsy.com ~ Feathers and Frills
Bridesmaid's Dress - Macy's
Bride's Hair - Suki's, West Georgia Street, Vancouver
Bride's Makeup - Spa Vida at The Westin Bayshore Hotel
Groom's Attire - Nordstrom Flagship Store, Seattle, Washington
Bride & Groom's Rings - Green Lake Jewelry, Seattle, Washington
Bride's Bouquet and Flowers - Kits Market, Vancouver
Ceremony & Reception Venue - Ferguson Point and Teahouse in Stanley Park
Invitations, Save the Date & Name Place Cards - Etsy.com ~ Two Turtle Doves
Wedding Cake & Cupcakes - Big City Cupcake on 4th Avenue, Vancouver
Congratulations to you both, Sarah and Volker. It was a wonderful day!