January 16, 2010
sarah + devin | married
Sarah and Devin were married on the second day of this new decade in a understated and elegant affair at The Teahouse in Stanley Park. Their wedding was a perfect reflection of the two of them as a couple - easygoing, relaxed, loving and fun. It was an absolute pleasure to have the opportunity to capture their cherished memories with my photography.
Highlights from the day...
1. The bride. Who not only looked beautiful, but who did a wonderful job in selecting many charming details to complete the day. Her bouquet pin, hair pin and crochet brooch were among my favourites.
2. The bridesmaids. Who dutifully soothed Sarah's somewhat frazzled nerves and attended to her needs with love and masterful bobby pin and safety pin skills. Did I mention that Sarah's maid of honour made the incredible wedding cake? As someone who has dabbled in cake decorating, I know exactly how much time, stress and love goes into a cake like that. Bravo Coreen!
3. The groom's "first look" face. As a photographer, a reaction like Devin's when he saw his bride in all her wedding day beauty is something I could only have hoped for. Check out the photos below of Devin's beaming face to see what I mean. Priceless.
4. The staff at éliane Hair & Spa. Thanks to them for being so accommodating as I rearranged their salon to get just the right angle. Seriously. I rearranged the furniture and practically turned the salon into my own personal studio.
5. The bride's shoes. A shout-out must go to Sarah's red shoes because who doesn't love a pair of red shoes?
6. The guest book. Which was made up of photos I took at Sarah & Devin's engagement session. I love this idea for a guest book - and not just because I love seeing my photos displayed in a properly bound hardcover book!
7. The Teahouse in Stanley Park. This is the second wedding I've shot at The Teahouse and I think it's a beautiful setting for a wedding. The food was wonderful, the staff were efficient and you certainly can't go wrong with the glory of Stanley Park.
Congratulations Sarah & Devin. You're a terrific couple and I wish you nothing but love and happiness in your life together.
And now, onto the photos...
Okay. Okay. I do love taking photos of the rings. Was that too many??
I LOVE Devin's reaction to Sarah here...
This is one of my favourites from the day...
Rain shmain. It's a good excuse for a jaunty umbrella!
Sarah and her maid of honour, Coreen, made all 200 of the adorable shortbread cookies below. They were delicious! And so was the fabulous Candied Apple Martini and this green salad with pomegranate seeds and goat's cheese. I never knew pomegranate seeds were so great in a salad. Yum yum yum.
Congratulations again Sarah & Devin. Thanks for inviting me to be a part of your special day.
Bride's Dress - Bello Wedding World
Bride's Hair - Judy Seo at éliane Hair & Spa
Bride's Makeup - Chrystal at éliane Hair & Spa
Bridesmaid's Hair - Shin'ae and Kemi at éliane Hair & Spa
Bride's Hair Pin - Bello Wedding World
Flowers - Oasis Flowers
Bride's Engagement Ring - Tamara Clark at Object Design Gallery, Granville Island
Bride & Groom's Wedding Bands - Ann-Louise Jewellers
Bride's Crochet Shawl Brooch - Christyyyn on Etsy
String Duet - Gillian Fraine and Jen Moersch
Wedding Officiant - Ann Moore
Getting Ready Venue - The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Ceremony & Reception Venue - The Teahouse in Stanley Park